Skip to content
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- The most common symptoms are fever, tiredness, and dry cough.
- Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually.
- Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don’t feel unwell.
- Around 1 out of every 10 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty in breathing.
- Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.